A timeshare cancellation can be one of the most stressful cases you may encounter when managing your real estate investments. However, you can avoid all the hassle and headache by taking the matter to a timeshare cancellation lawyer. When your timeshare rescission isn’t going as smoothly as you thought it would, hiring a professional to aid you in the process will help you avoid all the inconveniences that come with an especially difficult case. A competent lawyer can save you a great deal of time, money, stress, and aggravation from dealing with shady timeshare groups.
Timeshare contracts are extremely attractive on the surface, which is why too many people fall for their promise. However, timeshares don’t give you complete ownership of a property, even as you continue to pay rent for it. The best a timeshare offers is a short length of time for each year when you get to “use” the property, along with a messy contract that can be difficult to get out of. This is why it is the best to get a timeshare cancellation lawyer on your case to help you get through the hoops and ropes of the burdensome agreement.
Timeshares come in different forms and they can be separated into two main categories, namely the use of deeds and the employment of right-to-use contracts. Before entering a timeshare, it is important to know exactly how they will benefit you, because you might end up regretting a contract that appears good on the surface but comes with more financial obligations than you had anticipated. Getting out of a timeshare contract can be as simple as initiating a cancellation within the rescission period or filing a lawsuit after the period has expired. Hiring a timeshare cancellation lawyer is the best way to make sure that you are following the correct procedure for the rescission, otherwise you may face more headaches and cost because of errors in the process.
When it comes to timeshare contracts, there are still many confusions floating around in the market, especially concerning matters related to cancellation. Most timeshare companies will have you believe that this is a binding contract – as in you cannot get out of it once you have signed on the dotted line. This, however, is not entirely true. You always have an exit route available when you consider timeshare contracts, especially in case you have been a victim to fraud. You just need to remember one thing – go for seeking cancellation and termination of timeshare fraud with the best timeshare lawyer consultants on your side.
Fact of the matter is – most timeshare companies maintain that their contracts are non-cancellable. Timeshares usually turn out to be a humungous costly affair, which is why these lies are perpetrated by companies to keep unwitting investor caught into their trap. The truth however, is that a timeshare contract is very much cancellable, for a variety of reasons including fraud and mistake.
According to the Uniform Commercial Code, “Cancellation of this contract occurs when either party puts an end to the contract for breach by the other. Termination, on the other hand, pursuant to a power created by agreement or by law, decides to put an end to a contract otherwise than for its breach.” There is usually a cooling-off period stipulated in these contracts within which either party can seek to terminate the same. However, in case this time period has expired and when a fraud has occurred, an investor would need to seek help of a timeshare lawyer consultant to actually prove the nature of the circumstances, present a viable case in court and eventually cancel the contract and seek damages/compensation for the problems suffered by the investor.
So if you feel you have been duped by your timeshare company in anyway and are seeking an exit from your investment, be sure to avail of legal assistance and consultation from a timeshare lawyer consultant. They will help you manage the situation with ease.
Buyer’s remorse is quite a common phenomenon with people who choose to invest in a timeshare. You attended the sales presentation on a whim and ended up buying an interest in a piece of real estate in, say, Hawaii. And now, the costs are piling up – taxes, maintenance fees and what not- and you are ruing the day you even thought of buying a timeshare. So what are your options? How can you get yourself out of this sticky situation? This blog will tell you about the best solutions available at your disposal to cancel a timeshare contract.
Considering the notorious nature of this industry, most states in the US have enacted laws that allow buyers to cancel timeshare contracts if they act quickly. You need to:
Act within the indicated time period for cancelling your timeshare contract
Your contract will mention a designated cancellation period within which you can rescind the agreement and get out of your obligations. This cancellation has to take place in writing wherein your notice to cancel the timeshare will clearly indicate your name, contact details (as it appears on the contract), details of the timeshare, date of purchase and a statement that you are cancelling it. You will not have to provide a reason to cancel a timeshare contract in most cases.
However, in case your contract doesn’t provide a cancellation clause or you have exceeded the designated time limit, you need to:
Get in touch with an expert who can refer you to an attorney for cancelling a timeshare contract
In certain states and in limited circumstances, you can go forth to cancel a timeshare contract by bringing a lawsuit against the timeshare company. The success of your case in court however, will depend on the knowledge, experience and prowess of the attorney you hire to handle the issue.
All the best with your endeavors!
The timeshare contract may be considered a binding legal document, but that does not mean that it is absolute and cannot be terminated. The misconception that a timeshare contract is interminable is the result of some fraudulent and dishonest timeshare companies claiming that it is, causing many consumers to feel intimidated and powerless. Under the law, contracts, including timeshares, can still be canceled or terminated for a variety of reasons, including fraud and realizing that the timeshare is not for you. Seeking legal counsel from a leading marketing platform for timeshare attorneys can get you started on how to legally get out of a timeshare contract. Here are some strategies that attorneys may recommend:
- Cancel the contract within the cancellation period – Timeshare contracts typically have a given period when you can cancel it. That period tends to vary by state, but it is usually between five and ten days. This right cannot be waived, and this means that the company who sold you the timeshare cannot tell you to give it up. Hence, you need to act quickly as soon as you change your mind about the contract, and be sure to write the cancellation letter and give it to the company within the allotted time frame
- Sell the timeshare – Consumer Protection Laws requires the private seller to provide full disclosure of all terms, conditions, and full disclosure prior to executing a financial commitment. Such as
- Timeshares are not real property;
- The true owner of the real property is the developer;
- The developer can legally charge you fees above and beyond the maintenance fees without the owners’ consent;
- Upon the member’s death, the members heirs successors and assigns would HAVE to inherit all financial and legal obligations under contract. With such facts being disclosed; people will not have an interest in purchasing a timeshare; would you?
- Terminate the contract with help from a timeshare attorney – In some cases, you might be able to get out of the contract, even after the cancellation period has expired by suing the company, especially if you suspect fraudulent or dishonest selling practices. Remember that consumer protection laws exist to protect you from deceptive and unfair business and sales practices. An experienced timeshare attorney can tell you how to legally get out of a timeshare contract.